Renfrewshire Heritage Centre
The Heritage Centre, based in Paisley Central Library offers specialist assistance in family history through bookable Family History surgeries using online resources such as discounted access to Scotland’s People and free access to Ancestry.co.uk for all Renfrewshire Libraries’ members. The Heritage Centre is open to non library members and is free to use.
The following resources are amongst those that can be seen in the Heritage Centre:
• Paisley Poor Law volumes, 1839 - 1930 containing a wealth of family information.
• Local newspapers, from 1824 to the present day and local trades directories.
• Paisley pamphlets, a collection of local ephemera, 1739 – 1893.
• The “Cairn of Lochwinnoch”, 1827 – 1854, a social commentary of life in and around Lochwinnoch.
• A comprehensive local map collection.
Please see our website for our full list of services and resources at: http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/webcontent/home/Services/Libraries/Herita...