The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to represent to the Trustees the views of member local history societies and other organisations affiliated to the Forum.
Its members meet with the Trustees about twice a year in Edinburgh.
Current members are:
- Eve Boyle (HES)
- Linda Clark (North Kessock and District Local History Society)
- Murray Cook (Archaeologist, Stirling Council)
- Ian Copland (Cupar Heritage)
- Jennifer Giles (NLS)
- Catherine Gillies (Scottish Community Heritage Alliance)
- Eleni Koumpouzi (East Dunbartonshire Heritage and History Forum)
- Niall Logan (Baldernock Local History Group)
- Sandra Purves (Broughton History Society)
- Graham Roberts (Dumfries Archives)
- Ian Shearer (Friends of Kinneil)
- Nicola Small (LOCSCOT)
- David Smith (Friends of Glasgow West)
Examples of the issues which have been discussed are the planning of conferences, the content and distribution of our journal Scottish Local History and the development of this website.
The Trustees would welcome the involvement in the Advisory Committee of more societies affiliated to the Forum.
If you are interested please contact SLHF