‘Wha’s Like Us?’ Family History Event
When & Where
Stirling Council is running a fun, innovative family history themed day as part of the Stirling 2014 strand of events to celebrate the City and its history. Held in Stirling’s Tolbooth in the historic ‘Top of the Town’ area, ‘Wha’s Like Us?’ will exploit the unique history of how people lived and worked in the local area. The day will end by exploring the family tree of a well known Scottish author who will be present at the event and give their view of what has been discovered about their ancestors.
The programme is being created to appeal to beginners and those experienced in researching family history.
Talks and workshops include:
● DNA and Family History
● Crime and Punishment in Stirling – the place of the Tolbooth
● The castle and the town – Stirling and its soldiers
● Unique information available from the records of the poor law
● Registrar’s records taster session
● Archives and Libraries taster session
● Surgery for the identification of documents, photographs and artefacts
If any member society would like a stand, please contact the organiser (details below) - fee is £15.
Please note that you should check with the event organiser to confirm details of times and location - Scottish Local History Forum is not responsible for the events hosted by Member Societies.