Women's History Scotland
About this Organisation
Women’s History Scotland exists to promote study and research in women’s and gender history, particularly for those working in Scotland or working on Scottish themes. It has a commitment to history at all levels and aims to provide a network of information and support to all.
- To encourage contact between all people interested in women’s and gender history in Scotland, whether in education, community groups, the media or private research and study
- To provide a forum for discussion on issues relating to women’s and gender history
- To discover and promote the use of new sources for women’s history in Scotland
- To promote research into all areas of women’s history
- To support women working in historical studies
|Resources for Schools: Women, the Great War, and the Vote
The resource consists of videos of short talks and downloadable documents. The materials were produced by university lecturers and researchers for use at Highers and A Level.
|The Women’s Suffrage Movement in Scotland, 1867-1928: a learning resource.
The resource consists of downloadable documents on a series of topics concerning the Scottish campaign for women's suffrage. This includes case studies, lists of resources, and advice on how to go about researching the topic locally. The resource was produced by committee members of Women's History Scotland to commemorate the centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918.
Please note that links to websites and catalogues are provided by the Organisations listed and not maintained by Scottish Local History Forum.