Old Edinburgh Club
About this Organisation
THE OLD EDINBURGH CLUB was founded in 1908, under the patronage of the Lord Provost, Magistrates and Council of the City of Edinburgh.
The objectives of the Club are the study and support of all aspects of the history of Edinburgh, and the promotion and encouragement of interest in Edinburgh by means of lectures, visits, publications and appropriate activities for public benefit. A programme of monthly talks and lectures is organised each winter, followed by a number of guided tours and visits during the summer. Membership is open to all interested in the objects of the Club and all members receive a copy of all works published.
Recent and current projects supported and funded by the Club include the editing of Edinburgh's Dean of Guild papers from the 18th century, repair work in Liberton and Grange cemeteries, the creation of a new Edinburgh bibliography and the digitization of its own early minute books and scrapbooks.
Please note that links to websites and catalogues are provided by the Organisations listed and not maintained by Scottish Local History Forum.