30th Anniversary Event
When & Where
Join us at an afternoon of Pictish history, archaeology and art to celebrate the founding of SWACS 30 years ago this October. We will welcoming a range of guest speakers to talk about the enigmatic Pictish carvings in the Wemyss Caves and the world of the people responsible for them, and looking back over the history of the Society.
- Fraser Hunter (National Museums Scotland) on Rome and the ‘Southern Picts’ – Some New Views
- Joanna Hambly (The SCAPE Trust) on The Archaeology of the Wemyss Caves
- Alice Blackwell (National Museums Scotland) on Pictish Silver and Symbols: The Norrie’s Law Hoard
- Gordon Noble (University of Aberdeen) on Discovering the Northern Picts: Latest Results of the Northern Picts Project
- John Borland (Historic Environment Scotland) on The Sculptor’s Cave in Moray
- Sue Hamstead (SWACS) on Saving Wemyss Caves: 30 Years of SWACS
The talks will be followed by a reception.
Reserve your free place at swacs30.eventbrite.co.uk.
Please note that you should check with the event organiser to confirm details of times and location - Scottish Local History Forum is not responsible for the events hosted by Member Societies.